jAMeS

jAMeS

reflections of this weeks work - storyboard

storyboard - reflections


this week i've been doing my storyboard for my film opening. the first thing i did was draw out 6 key frames from my film opening idea to practice drawing out storyboards and to get an initial idea as to how my film is going to look. i had a rough idea at how my film would look so i decided to draw out 6 different camera shots. the reason being that most of my shots in the opening sequence are tracking shots, so i wanted to show a bit of diversity.

we then wrote out our shot lists. this gave me freedom in what my film would look and work out. it also gave me new ideas and solutions to problems i might face. for example, one of my shots was a tracking shot through a car window. i managed to think of a way i could achieve this without having to use special effects. the simple solution would be clever editing and splitting the tracking shot up to 2 different shots. i'll go into more detail about this later.

after doing our shot list i drew out 3 key moments that would appear in my sequence. i used more detail than in my key frames. this was so we could get the hang of storyboarding out our film openings. 

we then went on to do our final storyboard. it didn't take me long to finish mine. it took me about 2 lessons to complete and photograph it. the only problem i had with it was thinking about the order of my shots. the freedom i have with it though is i can easily edit them into a different order. after photographing my images i imported them into finalcut to begin making my animatic.

after making my images the correct size, i began to put motion on my photo's the way i want my finished film to look. i then put the music i want to use over it. the music i used is non-copyrighted music. although i'm using this i'm also using dialogue and sound effects.


0 comments: